Baldwin Township Cemetery
The Baldwin Cemetery is located on the Southeast corner of County Road 38 and County Road 19 in Sherburne County, Baldwin Township.
Deeds show that the first part was donated to the Township of Baldwin on April 28, 1876; the second part was purchased in 1900. The first deed states that the land was to be used for a public burial ground and a schoolhouse site. Up to the present time there has been no schoolhouse erected.
According to a record dated November of 1936, the original Township Board members in charge of the cemetery since it's establishment in 1876 were W.C. Angstman, Robert Rossing, Carl Bender, Walter G. Nielsen and O.E. Tincher.
The cemetery Sexton and caretaker is Lester W. Kriesel. Lester can be reached at (763) 389-9452.
To keep the cemetery in good condition year around, Baldwin Township has maintenance personnel. There is a fence surrounding the cemetery and within are shade and ornamental trees. All graves are in excellent condition.
There is a Cemetery Record Book with records of interments from 1870 to date, a list of lot grants from 1900 to date and death records from 1870 to date. These records are in the possession of Baldwin Township and can be observed in the presence of the clerk or assistant clerk.
BELLWOOD CEMETERY – Bellwood Cemetery is located in Orrock Township about one mile north of County Road 4 on County Road 1.
BERRY CEMETERY – Berry Cemetery is located on County Road 18 right off of County Road 37 in Baldwin Township.
BLUE MOUND CEMETERY – Blue Mound Cemetery is located in Blue Hill Township about two miles east of County Road 5 on County Road 9. It is also called Galbraith Cemetery.
CRAIG CEMETERY – Craig Cemetery is located in Elk River Township off of 169. It is also know as the Whitney Cemetery.
GALBRAITH CEMETERY – Galbraith Cemetery is also known as Blue Mound Cemetery.
LIVONIA CEMETERY – Livonia Cemetery is located in Livonia Township by the junction of County Road 74 and 36.
OLD OUR SAVIORS – Also known as Oak Hill. It is located in Blue Hill Township at the junction of County Road 22 and 3.
ORROCK CEMETERY – Orrock Cemetery is located in Orrock Township about 1 mile east of County Road 5 on County Road 4.
ST. PIUS X CEMETERY – St. Pius X Cemetery is located in Livonia Township near the junction of County Road 36 and County Road 74.
WHITNEY – Also called Craig Cemetery.